Trustees meet for the AGM 2021
Trustees from the Cherry Hinton Benefit Society met on 19th June 2021 for the AGM, to reflect on all the progress we’ve made in the last year and to look forward to delivering the new hub for Cherry Hinton. It was great to be able to meet in person this time and thanks to Barbara Ashton for the delicious cake! Key milestones from the last year include:
- Receiving planning permission on 24th September 2020
- Launching the website and social media accounts to keep in touch with the community
- Setting up a fundraising committee made up of Mo Child, Cathy McCluskey, Kate Jones, Tracy Saunders, and Kelly Tarrant
- Setting up a Just Giving page with Gift Aid for donations
- Working with the Cambridge Hub Social Innovation Project to explore what’s involved in running a community café
There’s a lot to do this year – including choosing a name for the community café, building up our volunteer base, and securing funding. We are really excited to keep pushing this project forward.
Click the link below to see the full Annual Report which includes interesting information about the progress of the project so far.